[pmwiki-users] How to support case in-sensitive Wiki page names

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat May 13 10:30:12 CDT 2006

On Sat, May 13, 2006 at 04:17:31PM +0100, Crisp, Steve [UK] wrote:
> Any takers on this one?  Perhaps I have to modify the core PmWiki code?

Supporting case insensitive filenames under Unix indeed requires
some (fairly substantial) modifications to the core -- it's decidedly
non-trivial.

There are also some changes that need to be made to be
able to support non-ASCII characters in filenames, and since
it's hard to do either of these in a backwards-compatible way,
I've been hoping to take care of them together instead of
separately.  (If we eliminate the need for backwards compatibility
it's less difficult, but still non-trivial.)  I've also been
looking at the possibility of allowing spaces in pagenames.

At any rate, I don't know when such changes are likely to materialize,
depends on my schedule.  If we can come up with a clean and efficient
implementation and migration plan it could happen fairly quickly.

Pm