[pmwiki-users] RFC: refactored introduction to wiki markup

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Sun May 14 21:10:58 CDT 2006

On Monday, 15 May 2006 1:00 PM, Scott Connard <connard at dsg-inc.com> wrote:
>John,
>
>It took me awhile to get back to you, but I like your efforts in
>reorganizing the markup pages.  I made a few minor changes to Edit
>Getting Started.  Only one thing really bothered me that I didn't
>change:  I just HATE the name "Edit Getting Started."  Perhaps it
>should just be called Intro to Markup or Markup Introduction.
>Editing to me is the process between clicking the Edit button and
>clicking the Save button.
>
>Nice job!
>
>Scott Connard.

"Introduction to Markup" works for me (I changed the (:title:)
but there is no PmWiki rename action as yet, other than *cough*
a cookbook recipe).

I worry that the EditGettingStarted page is still too long, and
as people improve it, they will make it longer.

FWIW, the reason I omitted headings from the Introduction
is nicely illustrated on the list over the last few days --
The documentation needs a discussion of why one often chooses
not to use !Heading 1, which doesn't belong in an introduction.
But people keep adding a heading example, so I give up. I would
be happier with a heading reference in the introduction if PmWiki

either sets ! heading  --> <h2> (Bronwyn's local perference)

or has ! heading disabled (Ben's local preference).

A $EnableH1 option could allow people to use <h1> if desired.

Just my 10¢...
--
JR