[pmwiki-users] CountGlyphs recipe doesn't work

Ben Wilson dausha at gmail.com
Thu May 18 18:36:26 CDT 2006

On 5/18/06, Pico <pmwiki at ben-amotz.com> wrote:
> I just tried installing it on my wiki and it didn't work.
>
> A search on PmWiki.org reveals that this has been posted as PITS/00710,
> which notes that it was working, but appears to have stopped working
> with version 2.1

I fixed it.[1] I also updated the cookbook page.[2] Would you mind
independently checking and closing the PITS if it works?[3]  The
problem was the way PmWiki tracks when to run a markup was reversed
between then and now. Found out by trying "?action=ruleset" which
showed that the markups were being executed after they were erased by
Markup("{$var}"); Reversing the angles seemed to have done the trick.

[1]: See http://dausha.net/Main/Main
[2]: http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/CountGlyphs
[3]: http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/00710

--