[pmwiki-users] export tool for single pages without links?

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Thu May 18 18:44:28 CDT 2006

On Friday, 19 May 2006 7:44 AM, kes.pmwiki at altoplan.de wrote:
>Hi everybody,
>
>we are searching for a simple pmwiki export tool of single pages without
>links into html or xml files.  The content of the wiki pages is
>considered to feed the print publishing process.  So we just need simply
>formatted text files like wikis can generaly provide it.
>
>Is there already a solution? Or any suggestions?
>
>Thanks - kes

There are several options:

- modify the existing print skin so that all the pmwiki link format
  variables are set to = '$LinkText' -- this will produce the print
  view as HTML, but without any active links; it will be quick, easy
  and get the job done (you need to modify the print/print.php script
  to set $UrlLinkFmt, $LinkPageCreateFmt and $LinkPageSelfFmt as well
  as $LinkPageExistsFmt and set them all = '$LinkText')

- use the PublishPDF library to typeset any pmwiki page collection
  into a PDF laid out for print publishing or as print-oriented html
  (for more information, see http://www.wikipublisher.org/)

- create a new export action that completely replaces stdmarkup
  and wikistyles with rules for translating wiki markup into an
  xml dtd other than xhtml (not recommended for the faint of heart
  or the easily discouraged, but it can be done; for example, you
  could output the pages to DocBook xml)

--
JR