[pmwiki-users] CountGlyphs recipe doesn't work

Audun Myhra Bergwitz bergwitz at gmail.com
Fri May 19 07:59:21 CDT 2006

Pico skrev:
> Ben Wilson wrote:
>> On 5/18/06, Pico <pmwiki at ben-amotz.com> wrote:
>>> I just tried installing it on my wiki and it didn't work.
>>>
>>> A search on PmWiki.org reveals that this has been posted as PITS/00710,
>>> which notes that it was working, but appears to have stopped working
>>> with version 2.1
>>
>> I fixed it.[1] I also updated the cookbook page.[2] Would you mind
>> independently checking and closing the PITS if it works?[3]  The
>> problem was the way PmWiki tracks when to run a markup was reversed
>> between then and now. Found out by trying "?action=ruleset" which
>> showed that the markups were being executed after they were erased by
>> Markup("{$var}"); Reversing the angles seemed to have done the trick.
>>
>> [1]: See http://dausha.net/Main/Main
>> [2]: http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/CountGlyphs
>> [3]: http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/00710
>>

> Ok, now the markups report numbers, but they do not seem to be
> correct. When I copied and pasted this entire page onto my site, the
> markup reported "This page contains 50 glyphs and 8 words." When I
> edited the page and added three words, the numbers did not change.
>
> You can have a look at a that test page here.
>
> http://pico.ben-amotz.com/Test/CountGylphs
>
> Pico

It works nicely on most of my page, except if I copy the exact markup
used on the Cookbook page. Compare these two:
<http://magasin.adbusters.no/pmwiki/index.php/Main/CountGlyphs>
and
<http://magasin.adbusters.no/pmwiki/index.php/Main/WorkingExamplePage>

Weird. Seems like there's some conflicting markup or something.

Audun Myhra Bergwitz