[pmwiki-users] CountGlyphs recipe doesn't work

Ben Wilson dausha at gmail.com
Sat May 20 11:07:31 CDT 2006

I think I see. The (:markup:) is always in its own little world. That
is, it is treated as if it is a separate page--an island unto itself.
So, when you put the Glyph markings there, it will render just that
markup area as a page. This is distinct from a table or other markup
which is a part of the page, rather than a separate page.

The other test would be to include a page and see if the counts are
affected by those pages. I think the behavior would be different,
because no page is an island. :-) Actually, the reason why I think the
behavior will be different is because the counting happens after the
page is rendered, which is evidenced by it stripping away HTML.
Therefore, as the included page is already in the page, then it would
be a part of the count.

This stands distinct from Markup, which is built all by itself. That
is, the markup within is not handled as part of the page--it is
handled separate. So, the markup in (:markup:) is counted internally,
then included with the page and is (probably) recounted. This should
be the same affect as including a page. Count and re-count.

Is the problem of the count in (:markup:) significant?

Ben

--
Ben Wilson
" Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur"