[pmwiki-users] CountGlyphs recipe doesn't work

Ben Wilson dausha at gmail.com
Sat May 20 23:37:46 CDT 2006

On 5/20/06, Pico <pmwiki at ben-amotz.com> wrote:
> Significant for understanding how CountGlyphs, and (:markup:) work, but
> probably not significant for authors, who can just avoid using
> CountGlyph within (:markup:).  The Cookbook page, in particular, should
> provide its counts outside of the (:markup:).

Hmm, I respectfully submit to you that to change the behavior as
suggested would go against the intent of Markup, which is to
(topically) show the effect of certain markup. Perhaps the appropriate
middle ground would be to warn those viewing the recipe that the
implicit error (i.e. undercounting) is an effect of the way the
example is presented to to the reader and not an actual defect in the
CountGlyph recipe.

I am glad that my explanation helped to unmuddy the waters--assuming
my grasp of the waters provided the correct filter.

--
Ben Wilson
" Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur"