[pmwiki-users] Help needed to debug a pmwiki issue (unable to save long wiki pages)

Ivan Teliatnikov ivan at geosci.usyd.edu.au
Mon May 22 05:48:52 CDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-05-19 at 09:41 -0500, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Fri, May 19, 2006 at 02:12:05PM +1000, Ivan Teliatnikov wrote:
> > This one seems a simple case of the entire page being to long. Strange
> > that it worked in our earlier pmwiki version.
> > http://www.geosci.usyd.edu.au/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=GPlatesGMLDev.CategorisingFeatures
> >
> > this one seemed somehow related to the  line length in a list element,
> > perhaps
> > http://www.geosci.usyd.edu.au/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=GPlatesGML.TheMadnessOfJamesCWGPMLisochron
> >
> > as you can see, I trimmed it enough that it could save, then attempted
> > to increase it back to whatever limit might have been there. You are
> > free to revert this page to whatever time they like in
> > experimentation
>
> Could you perhaps try posting this page to pmwiki.org?

I able to save in sandbox of pmwiki.org

> Also, any chance that your webserver configuration is limiting the size
> of posted data ?

I cannot find find anything in my apache2 config files which limits size
of the posted data. There must be something wrong with my system which
triggered this behaviour. But it only happen after I upgraded
pmwiki-2.0.36 or 24 ( cannot remember ) to the current latest version.

I have enabled diag mode in my pages. Did it help? Anything else I can
do diagnose it?