[pmwiki-users] Wiki Comparisons

Bill Jones tetragondzein at gmail.com
Mon May 22 09:33:55 CDT 2006

Hi

I have spent the better part of a year looking at various open source
software to perform some specific tasks -

1) Basic Site CMS tasks (which will also integrate into a static site.)

2) Basic ACL with per-user, per-group, per-directory, per-page, and
per namespace security control.

3) A flat file, non-Database, text-centric portable backend.

Anything above these 3 is a bonus.  During this past year I have
"seriously" (meaning I've installed the software and deployed 'live
data') using these systems:

Moodle, Drupal, MediaWiki, and Dokuwiki.

Each has not met with my satisfaction for various reasons.  I am
currently using DokuWiki, which I like very much, but I feel I may be
missing out on other potential software systems and/or better
solutions.

My question(s) are:
Are CMS/Wiki-like projects simply "not where I would like yet"?

What little I know about PMWiki implies that it may be something to
evaluate; however I am worried "do I really want to change wiki
software and spend another 2-3 months switching and learning?"  Anyone
have experience using Dokuwiki and migrating to PMWiki?

Any thoughts and comments about the above or anything you may feel I
have over looked or should consider would be appreciated.
--
WC (Bill) Jones -- http://youve-reached-the.endoftheinternet.org/