[pmwiki-users] creating a page the easy way (patch included)

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Thu May 25 04:35:13 CDT 2006

On Wed, 24 May 2006, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Wed, May 24, 2006 at 09:59:42AM -0700, Jo Rhett wrote:
>> Okay, so we have a few groups were people who really don't write
>> documentation need to put things.  The group home page is a listing of
>> everything in the group, so it's easy to find things.
>> [...]
>> So last night I was toying around with adding a "Create a Page" form to the
>> group home page.  I have it working like this, but ...
>>
>> But since this is so easy, I'm assuming there's a good reason why it wasn't
>> done before.  So clue me in -- what am I overlooking here?
>
> Have you looked at the NewPageBoxPlus recipe?  I think it likely
> does what you want.
>
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/NewPageBoxPlus

Here's another idea I've had for a long while. What if we could use the
search box for more than just searching?

For instance searching for say 'NewPage' would return a list of all pages
containing NewPage, but it addition contain a link that let's you create
NewPage.

Btw, will searching for 'NewPage' always list a page called 'NewPage' even
if that page doesn't contain the text "NewPage"?

If 'NewPage' is always listed, the search box can be used to go to a page
with a name that you just enter.

In addition, we could perhaps add a separate button corresponding to
Google's "I feel lucky". That way going "searching" for "ExistingPage" and
hitting "I feel lucky" will be a convenient way to go to a page whose name
you have written.

/Christian