[pmwiki-users] hierarchical groups, revisited

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Sat May 27 06:03:53 CDT 2006

Patrick R. Michaud schrieb:
> Somehow I don't see the XPath syntax for relative links as being
> very usable or desirable for the average author that PmWiki targets.

It does have interesting concepts, much along the lines of what Américo
desires. So it's probably good if path components are clearly separated,
so that something similar to XPath remains possible.
Fortunately, that's a very weak constraint. All we need is a clear
separation of pathname components (which we will want to have anyway),
and a single reserved character to be able to establish alternate syntax
within a path component.

In other words: if hierarchical groups make it, there will be a place in
syntactic design space for Américos ideas :-)

Regards,
Jo