[pmwiki-users] hierarchical groups, revisited

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Sun May 28 19:58:18 CDT 2006

Carlos schrieb:
> The recipe I was thinking about was named (by me) "VTREE" and I wrote some
> thoughts about it , here:
>
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Profiles/CarlosAB

It's a nice breadcrumb-display recipe (kind-of orthogonal to trails).

I see one downside: You still have to change all children if a parent
gets moved to a different place in the hierarchy.
So I'd prefer something along the lines of

   (:vtree Name="Alternate hierarchy" parent=Recipe:)

Also, I'm not sure what the "spacer" parameter does.
If it's defining the amount of whitespace, it's probably better to make
that parameter a string (then you can use whatever spacer you like, and
use multiple &nbsp;s or CSS-adorned <span>s or even visible things as
spacers).

Other than that: nice.

Regards,
Jo