[pmwiki-users] New PmWiki Features Page . . .

John McGinnis john.mcginnis at comcast.net
Tue May 30 11:05:11 CDT 2006

Ben,

An aspect of PMWiki that probably needs emphasis is the erector set like
quality of the software. Multitudes of Wikis are a 'like it or lump it this
is it' mindset and so either the product is lacking something or has
features not needed by the developer. Only a few have a pluggable software
feature like PMWiki. And to my mind PMWiki's Recipe format is probably the
easiest software enhancement layout I have seen for a wiki.

You might go so far as to say that PmWiki at it's base config is a Platform
or Workbench tool.  One can add to that platform premade tools or roll your
own. But if we go down that path as a feature; then documentation needs
expand to one of also publishing an API like document as well. You would
want to have a succinct doc set that lays out in clear detail the pieces
that go into using and developing more Recipes. The how to is not hard, the
PMWiki.com site has all the pieces scattered about. And if even I can figure
it out most anybody else can. :-)

Just an observation.

John McGinnis