[pmwiki-users] I need a bookmarklet ...

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Tue May 30 16:24:36 CDT 2006

I have looked at the bookmarklet recipes in the cookbook, but neither
one does what I want.
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/AddLinkBookmarklet
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/OtherBookmarklets

When surfing away, I find a bit of interesting text on an obscure page.
I highlight the text.
I click on my soon-to-be-installed magic bookmarklet.
A new edit window opens on my wiki with some random name (or with a
predefined name, like bookmarks), and pasted in the window, ready for
saving, is the URL of the original page, a blank line, and the text I
had highlighted.

I know this must be possible, because I saw a similar thing done in a
Wordpress demo last night (I have not been able to contact the demo
person for details).

I also found a script that grabs a URL and a script that grabs
highlighted text and pastes it into an email:

http://www.bookmarklets.com/tools/data/index.phtml

see "Send location" and "Send selected text". I can see the
Javascript code, but it might as well be written in Swahili for all
that I can understand.

Does anyone have such a bookmarklet? Can anyone mashup the two I
found to make one for PmWiki?

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/