[pmwiki-users] Problems with the embedded CSS in pmwiki.php

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Wed Nov 1 06:42:07 CST 2006

Tuesday, October 31, 2006, 4:41:22 AM, Patrick wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 30, 2006 at 10:17:32PM +0000, Hans wrote:
>> I just tried to create this sequence, but found that I needed to have
>> some core skin layout styles already loaded first, thus:
>>
>>   a. skin layout styles
>>   b. core pmwiki styles
>>   c. recipe styles/admin styles via HTMLStylesFmt
>>   d. further skin styles (styling, colors, fonts, print styles)
>>   e. local.css and other localisation styles
>>
>> To add all skin styling late did not work.

> Hmmm, why is that?  If there's not a conflict, it shouldn't
> matter; if there is a conflict, then we generally want the skin
> to be last anyway.

I have to come back on this one:
The reason why some skin layout css needs loading early, before
$HTMLHeader, is, because some layout manipulation from within the wiki
pages uses a directive, which injects css styling for page divs via
$HTMLStylesFmt, for instance to remove the left sidebar and stretch
the main section to the left I use #main {margin-left:0} from within
the directive. #main {margin-left:170px} for instance needs to be set
beforehand from the skin layout.css file, so it can be overriden by
the directive. Or it needs to be inserted via $HTMLStylesFmt as well.
I prefer to have the default values supplied via css, and directives
can handle the exceptions using $HTMLStylesFmt.

Hans