[pmwiki-users] moving to another server with same domain

Bob Sanders rsanders at sgi.com
Wed Nov 1 14:21:06 CST 2006

Thomas N. Burg, mused, then expounded:
> Hi,
>
> maybe a too stupid question to ask but I couldn't find a simple
> answer in the documentation or the archive.
>
> Can I just copy the entire dir to another server?

I've done that in the past to do testing with.  Mainly 1.0.2,
but also a couple of the 2.0.x releases.

Since it's still necessary to fix up local/config.php, I've changed to
just installing the pmwiki release, run through the initial checkout
of creating wiki.d, just to insure thw web server and php are functional,
then simply copied over - pmwiki/local, pmwiki/cookbook, pmwiki/pub/,
and pmwiki/wiki.d.

Still had to tweak local/config.php, but it hasn't been any real hassle.

Bob
-