[pmwiki-users] edit pw and strange effects on Site.SideBar

Florian Fischer Flori-Fischer at gmx.net
Thu Nov 2 08:36:32 CST 2006

Hello,

i have a short question on edit rights.
My site consists of 2 group. One including the articles and the other one userprofiles. I'm using UserAuth.
I granted edit rights for both groups to a user. Since i want to have stable articles the admin can set an edit pw on a page which doesn't allow the mentioned user to edit this page. This works fine, but has some strange effects on my Site.SideBar. In my sidebar I have a link the page Userprofiles/MyProfile which still doesn't exist after the first login . When the user gets to a edit-protected page, this link can't be clicked to edit the Page MyProfile. When the user gets to a non edit protected page he can press the link to edit the Page MyProfile.

What's going on there. Does an edit pw have an effect on the SideBar as well? How can this behaviour be changed?

Florian