[pmwiki-users] Jiri's ZAPForum recipe

The Editor editor at fast.st
Sat Nov 4 17:36:39 CST 2006

On 11/4/06, Crisses <crisses at kinhost.org> wrote:
> One thing I note about Jiri's recipe is there's no sample in-use.
>
> Is the forum on the zapsite.org the same as Jiri's recipe?
>
> If not, can you install Jiri's recipe for an example on the
> zapsite.org site?  (then put a link on pmwiki.org of course!!)  I
> want to see it in action, and while I could set everything up
> privately to test it out, I think it would do the most good on a
> public site as a reference for everyone interested.

No, the forum there is just a very simple bare bones forum.  I could
set up a more complex one when I get some time.  There are a lot of
nice things once could do, like use the show/hide snippet for the
comments.  Or tagging the threads.  Or . . .

What I'd really like is some nice styling as that's not my strong
suit.  But then we loose the effect of ZAPsite which is the very
simplest, barebones PmWiki installation possible.  We'll see what we
can do.

It may be a bit before I do much more with the existing forum, as
right now I'm trying to get the ZAPnews module out, and perhaps finish
a simple shopping cart module as well.  I also need to cut back on my
coding as I have been spending a bit too much time on it lately.  =|:
)  Too much fun!

Cheers,
Caveman

PS.  Jiri's just finished a really nice article submission zap
tutorial.  Looking forward to seeing that up soon as well!