[pmwiki-users] Fields

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Nov 5 14:35:04 CST 2006

On 11/5/06, Mark Trumpold <mark at ruthtrumpold.id.au> wrote:
> Hi
>
> How does one set up a form?

PmWiki has a built-in (:input:) directive you can use.

See http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Cookbook#FormTools

> And ...
>
> How do I make a field such as 'author' be compulsory, ie they need to put
> some kind of name in before the page saves?

In config.php:

   $EnablePostAuthorRequired = 1;

See http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/RequireAuthor

> And ...
>
> How can I have people register (through a form) themselves and not go
> through me or someone else sp then they can edit.

By far the easiest way is to use a shared password, a.k.a.
"password-based access control".  That way if an author knows the
password, they're "registered".  :-)

The Most Experienced PmWiki Administrator On Earth has written
persuasively that even for large wiki sites this is the easiest way to
go and it's much more effective and trouble-free that you might
imagine.  It's at least worth trying first, then if it doesn't work
out you can switch to a more complex identity-based solution.

See http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PasswordsAdmin

Hagan