[pmwiki-users] GroupHeaders and GroupFooters

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 11:40:27 CST 2006

On 11/6/06, Chris Cox <ccox at airmail.net> wrote:
> Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> > On Mon, Nov 06, 2006 at 10:50:35AM +0100, Florian Fischer wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> i have a short on how to limit access to groupheaders and
> >> groupfooters to admins. Is it possible to generally disallow
> >> normal user with edit rights for a group to edit these pages?
> >> Or do i have to set explicitly edit pw on every page?
> >
> > At present you would need to set an edit password on every
> > GroupHeader and/or GroupFooter page -- there's not generic
> > way to say "password-protect all GroupHeaders".
> >
> > If you simply want to eliminate groupheaders and groupfooters
> > altogether (so that GroupHeader/GroupFooter are not automatically
> > included in a page's display), that can be done by setting the
> > following in local/config.php:
> >
> >     $GroupHeaderFmt = '';
> >     $GroupFooterFmt = '';
> >
> > Pm
>
> How about something like this in config.php:
>
> $GroupHeaderFmt = '(:include MyHeaders.{$Group}
> basepage={*$FullName}:)(:nl:)' . $GroupHeaderFmt;
>
> (I could be a bit off on the syntax... Pm, could
> you take a look?)
>
> The idea being to include MyHeaders.GroupName for
> the group called GroupName.  Then you could simply
> protect the MyHeaders group.
>
> (and then do likewise for footers)

You could set up config.php so that Site/SomethingTemplate is the
template source for any page named Something.

Then if you edit-protect Site/GroupHeaderTemplate and
Site/GroupFooterTemplate, using ?action=attr, would new
WhateverGroup/GroupHeader pages inherit the GroupHeaderTemplate page's
attributes?