[pmwiki-users] Best format for video

Moni Kellermann kellerfrau at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 11:07:06 CST 2006

Tegan Dowling schrieb:
>>>A client has some video he's getting together to put on the site, and
>>>wants to know what format he should use. Suggestions?
> Anyone have any other thoughts?

I would use the Flash video format (flv) for the video and then embed a
player (swf file) that can play the flv file.

You can find a swf file for video playback here:
http://pyg.keonox.com/tests/flash_flv_player/

To encode the video to flv you can use Riva Encoder or this one here:
http://www.paehl.com/open_source/?Convert_Tools:ConvertVideo

BTW, flash video format is also used by Google Video and YouTube. The
huge advantage is the small filesize while keeping an acceptable image
and sound quality.

Kind regards,
moni