[pmwiki-users] Conditionals in Pagelists and IE bug

The Editor editor at fast.st
Sun Nov 12 08:38:58 CST 2006

I have the following pagelist template that seems to be failing the
conditional though I know the page exists.  {=$Name} is iterating
properly because I can see it displayed in the bullets properly.
Quite confusing...

Any ideas?

[[#chatroom]]
(:if exists "Chat-{=$Name}-Member.{$AuthId}":)
* %red%[[Chat.Chat?room={=$Name}|{=$Name}]]%%\\
(:if ! exists "Chat-{=$Name}-Member.{$AuthId}":)
* [[Chat.Chat?room={=$Name}|{=$Name}]]\\
(:ifend:)
[[#chatroomend]]

I also have a new bug I hadn't noticed before that is extremely
irritating.  In IE my efforts to work around apostrophes and other
problematic characters seems to have backfired.  Any reason why
something like

               OK, I'm in here!

displays fine in FireFox but not in IE?

PS.  Chat is working beautiful.  (You can even use most PmWiki markup
in your chat!).  Just finessing it some more functionality into it.
Room properties?  Chatter preferences?  Hope to release a near-ready
version later today, but still not settled on a couple questions about
how it should works.

Cheers,
Caveman