[pmwiki-users] Problem with backup and restore of PmWiki

Shujun LI hooklee at hooklee.com
Tue Nov 14 13:51:51 CST 2006

Hi all,

Today I am testing the backup-restore function of PmWiki 2.1.26.
As I am using Windows XP and does not have a telnet access to the FTP site, I have to download all files in PmWiki to my local drive and then upload them again to another directory of the FTP site for testing.

I found that one file cannot be downloaded correctly, because its name contains an invalid character that cannot be recognized by Windows file system.
In this case, if I upload the problematic backup to the FTP site, the page corresponding to the bad file will disappear from PmWiki.

Does anyone know how I can overcome this problem to backup my PmWiki site in a Windows computer?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Shujun