[pmwiki-users] Merging and moving

marc gmane at auxbuss.com
Wed Nov 15 15:52:14 CST 2006

Nicholas Buttle said...

> How flexible is the system in terms of moving
> pages/groups/categories about?  I'd like to be able to
> reassign GroupA/PageX to GroupB/PageX i.e. reallocate
> a page from one group to another.

You can rename the file with a file manager/mv, but that doesn't change
any links, of course - which may or may not matter depending on your
pages and format of your links. grep'ing/vimgrep'ing means this isn't
too painful on groups that aren't very large.

However, when you have .css and .php local customizations associated
with your pages, it's easy to miss something. (I started writing a tool
to manage this, but it's atrophied. I have a pile of atrophy :-|)

> Also, Can you manipulate groups in a similar manner?
> eg. if it is decided that GroupName1 should have been
> called GroupName2 can you migrate the whole group
> across to the new name?

That's actually the same question ;-) although slightly bigger, because
you can have group.css and group.php.

--
Best,
Marc