[pmwiki-users] passwords and farms

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Fri Nov 17 08:24:25 CST 2006

H. Fox wrote:
> On 11/16/06, Sandy <sandy at onebit.ca> wrote:
>> I now have a multi-field farm. (Yay!!!) Most of the fields will be CMS
>> use rather than wiki -- one admin, few writers, lots of readers.

> As you suspect, it's because this line
>
>          include_once("$FarmD/scripts/authuser.php");
>
> needs to come *after* the lines you put in config.php.
>
> One approach (that I haven't tried) is to make these the last two
> lines of your farmconfig.php file:
>
>          include_once("local/config.php");
>          include_once("$FarmD/scripts/authuser.php");
>
> Another approach is just to move the line out of farmconfig.php and
> into each wiki's config.php.
>
> Hagan

Method 1, moving it all to the local field worked. Sorta was hoping I
could do the admin password from the farm, but it's not a big deal.
Definitely not the sort of bug which will hide away and

Method 2 makes me nervous. In the core program, there might be something
  called between farmconfig.php and local/config.php that this method
misses. I do like the PHP include_once function.

Sandy