[pmwiki-users] How to make Site.AllRecentChanges display *all*

Lucian Wischik lu.gmane at wischik.com
Fri Nov 17 14:26:51 CST 2006

Stirling Westrup <sti <at> pooq.com> writes:
> Lucian Wischik wrote:
> > I'd like Site.AllRecentChanges to show *all* recent changes.
> That shouldn't be that big a job. I was looking at the code for that on the
> weekend and I don't recall that it would be a very big change. Lets see...
> Yeah, something along these lines, inserted into config.php should work. It
> just replaces the function that saves recent changes with a copy that doesn't
> delete the old changes for a page first.
> Warning: I haven't tried this out!
>
> str_replace('PostRecentChanges', 'PostAllChanges', $EditFunctions);

It works great! Thanks. Except thisline should be

$EditFunctions=str_replace('PostRecentChanges','PostAllChanges',$EditFunctions);

Explanation: what Stirling did was copy out the "PostRecentChanges"
from pmwiki.php. He commented-out two lines from it:
  //$rcelim = preg_quote(preg_replace("/$RCDelimPattern.*$/",' ',$pgtext),'/');
  //$rcpage['text'] = preg_replace("/[^\n]*$rcelim.*\n/","",@$rcpage['text']);

These lines had the effect of removing from Site.AllRecentChanges (or whever)
any previous description of changes to the page in question. Once he removed
them, all previous change-descriptions will remain.

--
Lucian