[pmwiki-users] A standard way to set the html-header "title"

Lucian Wischik lu.gmane at wischik.com
Thu Nov 23 13:52:40 CST 2006

In a future version of PmWiki, I'd like to see a standard way to set the

At the moment this seems hard-coded by each individual skin. For instance,
the pmwiki skin has
  <title>$WikiTitle | {$Group} / {$Title} $ActionTitle</title>
and the print skin has
  <title>$WikiTitle | {$Group} / {$Title}</title>

But the way I see it, the html-header title is a vital part of the page's
meta-information that determines how it will appear in google (for instance),
So you should be able to customize it in the same way you customize the
other meta-headers, and not have it subject to the whims of the skin-designer:
  (:htmltitle Lucian Wischik:)
  (:keywords Lucian, Wischik, homepage, galactic emperor:)
  (:description The homepage of Lucian Wischik:)

Obviously this isn't a change I can make single-handedly to every skin
that's out there. That's why I'm asking for it to be a future PmWiki standard!

--
Lucian