[pmwiki-users] authenticate against samba PDC

Falk Hamann Falk.Hamann at dbaudio.com
Fri Nov 24 02:18:22 CST 2006

On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 11:19:07 +0100
Falk Hamann <Falk.Hamann at dbaudio.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 10:10:13 +0100
> "Dominique Faure" <dominique.faure at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > You'd better leave scripts/httpauth.php unchanged (to not loose
> > anything when upgrading), and have all your customizations into
> > config.php (untested):
> >
> > # strip any domain prefix
> > if(isset($_SERVER['REMOTE_USER']))
> >   $_SERVER['REMOTE_USER'] =
> >     preg_replace("/^[^\\]+\\\/", "", @$_SERVER['REMOTE_USER']);
> > include_once('scripts\httpauth.php');
>
> Thanks for this hint.
>
> The other problem is still unresolved.
>
> Groups, which defined in AuthUser.php (@write: test) und assign
> (@write) to write via test.php?action=attr do !!!NOT!!! work.
> Which means user test should be allowed to write, but this failed.
>
> Read-Permission assigned via test.php?action=attr as id:test do work.
>
> Whats going wrong ?

I've verified with debug-code that Windows-logon without domainname is
arrive $AuthId and $Author.

On AuthUser.php I defined a group "write" and a
user "test".

@write: johndoe, test
test: $1$l1...

On test.php?action=attr permissions are set as followed:

read: id:johndoe id:test
write: @write

Readaccess works for both user. But write works only for user "test".
Why ?

User "test" is defined in AuthUser.php. User "johndoe" comes from
$_SERVER['REMOTE_USER'].

What can I do, that these users also work with groups defined in
AuthUser.php. Or should I define the groups in another way ? May this
help ?
Define the Group in local/config.php also not work:
$AuthUser['@write'] = array('johndoe', 'test');

Could defining groups in .htgroup solve my problem ?

--

[root at Linux] chown linux.users /world