[pmwiki-users] How to retrieve the value of a Page Text Variable {Group/PageName$:Var} from a cookbook ?

Christophe David pmwiki at christophedavid.org
Fri Nov 24 14:55:45 CST 2006

> You can access page text vars via
>
>   PageTextVar($pagename, $var)
>
> So,
>
>   $fred = PageTextVar("Main.WikiSandbox", "FQDN");
>
> returns the equivalent of the markup
>
>   {Main.WikiSandbox$:FQDN}

Thanks a lot for the reply.  This is indeed exactly what I was looking for.

But unfortunately, I cannot get it to work ;-(

I use the latest beta, and the function seems to return nothing at all.

The variables work OK with the markup from other pages.  But in a recipe,
with the syntax you provided,  I just get an empty string.
Any clue would be appreciated.

Christophe