[pmwiki-users] Comments

Mark Trumpold mark at ruthtrumpold.id.au
Tue Nov 28 15:18:46 CST 2006

> Tuesday, November 28, 2006, 6:31:57 PM, Hans wrote:
>
>>> What I would, 'really' like is for people to comment/discuss an issue on a
>>> content page. I would like the comments/ discussion to be stored on a
>>> separate page but linked to the content page. I would the like the content
>>> page to have  box highlighting that a discussion is happening about changes
>>> to the content page.
>
>>> I see that we can have comments at the bottom of the page (easy and quick)
>>> but page size concerns me (ethics lots of talking)
>
>> After mulling this over today for an easier solution, I upgraded
>> commentboxplus and released a new version as commentboxplus2.zip here:
>> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/CommentBoxPlus
>
>> Note this script needs pmwiki 2.2.0 beta upwards!
>
> you can see an example working on my test site here:
> http://softflow.co.uk/design/Test/TestCommentBox3

On 28/11/06 10:33 PM, "Hans" <design5 at softflow.co.uk> wrote:

G'day Hans

That is pretty cool. I don't know how you and the guys get your head around
it all. :-)

It wasn't clear to me if the extra option I was looking for was that on the
content page a note or message is posted about a discussion or comment
taking place about the content page. I do see that it wont post to every
page and that it can be set up to post to a new comments page.

Thanks

Mark