[pmwiki-users] (? for PM?) Re: Overview over all passwords

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Sun Oct 1 11:44:11 CDT 2006

>> 1) which is the active one?  which are redundant? -- i.e. order of
>> precedence
>
> Page passwords override group passwords, which override site-wide
> passwords.

Makes sense...

Is the only way to set site-wide to use config files?

>> 2) how to display multiple settings per page/group -- since you can
>> define the passwords in several ways.
>
> I don't quite understand this one.

MyGroup/MyPage has a per-page password.  I want to clear the
passwords on it, make it open, but MyGroup has a password.  If the
listing only shows that it's passworded per-page, I may "clear" the
page password, but that won't change it so that people can edit it.
If the listing makes it clear that MyPage is also protected by the
group...such as:

MyPage edit = page & group

I can clear the group password if I want.

Is there a way to set MyGroup and UNset the password on one page --
"All pages in this group are passworded -- *except* MyPage"

I don't think "clear" does this.  Would it be * ? (as in id:* without
the login "id"?)

Crisses