[pmwiki-users] field admin permissions oddness

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Mon Oct 2 12:36:26 CDT 2006

On Oct 2, 2006, at 12:10 PM, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> My (weak) suggestion at this point would be to keep identities
> separate among wikis.  This will require that people have to
> re-authenticate when crossing a wiki boundary, but for most
> sites that shouldn't be too much of an annoyance.  If that's
> really a serious obstacle for you, we can discuss it more here.

You can use an external authentication method that is shared between
sites, but single-sign-on is more a part of the PmWiki core where the
sessions authenticate you.

By this, I mean you can use a single MySQL database to manage the
users for a group of wikis or fields.

I have not set up MySQL (AuthUserDbase or XesAuthUserDbase) to handle
groups (yet?).  I will be working on updating it so that they're
combined in one recipe and databases are handled with ADOdb soon.

This would work if you use any external database -- or
the .htpassword methods if all the wikis are on the same server.

The nice part is one only needs to sign up/validate once.  One would
have to log in at each wiki, probably.

Crisses