[pmwiki-users] Selecting a Wiki engine...

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org
Tue Oct 3 07:12:31 CDT 2006

On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 01:46:46PM +0200, Thomas Voghera wrote:
> > - limitation to a two-level hierarchy (groups and pages)
>
> Is this about how pages can be organized? carved in stone?

I don't quite understand the question.
But what I was talking about was the limitation in PmWiki that you have
Groups (aka Wiki Groups, sort of like namespaces) which contain Pages,
and that's all.  You can't have a nested hierarchy of groups within
groups, unlike in some Wikis.
There's a plugin for sub-pages but that is fairly limited too.

There has been much debate on this topic, and PM has yet to be persuaded
that it is really worth the huge rewrite and pain that would be required
to have nested groups, when people can manage without them.

Mind you, the new $Basename variable in 2.2 is a sort of tacit
recognition that groups and pages often need to be grouped together in
more ways than given at present.

Kathryn Andersen