[pmwiki-users] pmwiki-2.2.0-beta9 release (bugfix, pagevar filters in pagelists)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Oct 3 10:53:17 CDT 2006

On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 08:03:39AM -0400, Pico wrote:
> Roman wrote:
> >It would be very helpful if pagelist
> >supported something like this:
> >
> >(:pagelist $:State=#CA#TX order=$:State:)
> >
> >I borrowed this syntax from (:include:) directive and it would have
> >basically similar meaning.
>
> Since that form (#string) refers to anchors, it seems pretty confusing
> in this context as applied to the possible of a given page text variable
> ($:State).

I agree, the use of the #anchor syntax would be confusing.  The
standard mechanism to specify "range" in PmWiki has been to use
two consecutive dots.  So, for example, we already have things like:

    (:include SomePage lines=5..10:)
    (:if date 20060105..20060112:)

Thus, if we wanted to indicate a range in page variable selections, it
ought to be

    (:pagelist $:State=CA..TX  order=$:State :)

Pm

P.S.:  The "dots as range" even work for anchors in (:include:):

    (:include SomePage #start..#end :)