[pmwiki-users] blog - slightly confused

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Tue Oct 3 11:03:46 CDT 2006

On Oct 3, 2006, at 11:40 AM, Jan Erik Moström wrote:

> I thought I would add some blog capabilities my private wiki but
> I'm confused which recipe I should use, I understand the there
> will be some kind of support for blogs in 2.2 (as a recipe???).
>
> What would the "best" (as in future proof) choice be?

Wait a few weeks. :)

That's the best/most future-proof idea I have for you.

Things are changing very quickly right now, and I'm trying to
incorporate the latest features because I need them for a project.
Things (for me, doing custom programming) are breaking a little
faster than I can fix them :/

And reading the list to keep up on the latest is eating up a painful
amount of my time, but if I don't I won't keep up on the undocumented
changes *sigh*

So the best I can say is when the dust settles there will be
something good-to-great and it will be documented.  Right now,
there's a bit of chaos and unless Patrick has a specific
compatibility in mind with one or more current recipes, you may be
best off waiting.  You can blog right now on a wiki page and
transport your info to a real(ish) blog package soon...

And don't feel bad, I'm confused too.

Crisses