[pmwiki-users] User Auth doesn't work on my site

Mike mike at widowitz.com
Tue Oct 3 13:02:42 CDT 2006

Hello,

does anybody have a suggestion about what I should try to get User Auth
running?

This is what I did so far:
* Downloaded and unpacked script
* Included it into local.php
* Called my page - the htpasswd was created as was to be expected
* I added a new entry like that:

mike:$1$iA4YdXuZ$FrLwJyUPGdFvCpsbWgno61:edit_all
(password generated via ?action=crypt)

Now when I'm trying to edit the main page, I don't get the usual PmWiki
password prompt, but a more sophisticated user/password prompt. However,
 it does not accept my entries - every password I enter is refused as wrong.

Interesting enough, when I switch over to Group1/Index, which so far was
read-protected as a whole group, I am still getting the old PmWiki
prompt, i.e. password only, not the new user/password box.

Any hints, anyone?

Thanks,
Mike