[pmwiki-users] Selecting a Wiki engine...

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Oct 3 17:31:08 CDT 2006

On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 03:26:45PM -0700, pmwiki at 911networks.com wrote:
> > Does the test page work for you (from the url I gave above)?
>
> Your test page works. It does display the scroll bar.
>
> > Lastly, note that it's entirely possible to get any CSS to
> > work by defining a custom class and using that:
> >

> >    $HTMLStylesFmt[] = '
> >      .box { background-color:#ffffcc; border=2px dotted grey;
> >             width:650px; overflow:auto; } ';
> >
> >    %define=box block class=box%
>
> Tried both way and still not joy. For me the text wraps at
> 650px instead of doing the scroll :(

Is this text that naturally wraps anyway?  The scrollbars appear
only when the browser *cannot* fit the content into the specified
width.  If the browser is able to wrap the text to fit within
the specified width, it does that instead of generating the
scrollbars.

You might want to be using preformatted text, or else you might
want to be turning off line wrapping by setting the "white-space"
CSS property to "pre".