[pmwiki-users] Include other page content as raw wiki markup

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Wed Oct 4 13:16:26 CDT 2006

Bellave Jayaram wrote:
> I use include commands a lot but I have a use case where I would like to include (actually, it is more like pull and not include) sections of other wiki pages (which may be in the same field or a different field in a wiki farm) verbatim  (along with spelling or grammar mistakes and including wiki markup) into a new page so that I can edit it without modifying the contents of the original page.
>
> Can someone advise if this is doable and if so, how?
>
> Thanks,
> Jayaram

If I read this right, what you want is a copy of the wiki-code from the
included page, which you can paste into a new page and edit without
changing the original.

Easiest way to do this is:

1. Open the new page for editing.

2. In a new window / tab open the original page and add ?action=source
to the URL. This brings up the wiki-code for that page.

3. Copy and paste this wiki-code into the new page and edit as usual.

Hope this helps!

Sandy