[pmwiki-users] Understanding PmWiki

Stirling Westrup sti at pooq.com
Wed Oct 4 23:26:19 CDT 2006

Pico wrote:

>> Okay, I did it, but I've run into a strange problem. I wrote up a
>> PmWiki.PageActions-Draft page and when I thought it was good enough, I
>> copied its contents to PmWiki.PageActions. That latter page is looking
>> very screwy though, and I can't figure out what I did wrong, or how to
>> fix it.
>>
>> Could someone else lend a hand here?
>>
> I assume that by naming the page PmWiki/PageActions, the text of that
> page was getting inserted at the top of every page in the PmWiki group,
> in place of the content from the regular Site/PageActions.  Was that
> what you meant by very screwy?

Quite possibly, now that you mention it, but why would it do that? I
assumed that PmWiki/PageActions would be the natural place to document
Site/PageActions, just as PmWiki/InterMap is the place where
Site/InterMap is explained and PmWiki/AuthUser is where Site.AuthUser is
explained.

Why did it automatically load into every page? Oh, wait, does the PmWiki
skin have some sort of provision for Group-Specific page actions? I
never thought of that...