[pmwiki-users] RFC -- POP3 to PmWiki

The Editor editor at fast.st
Thu Oct 5 06:59:51 CDT 2006

> Crisses schrieb:
> > I don't want to require the start/end tags.  That would have to be
> > optional.  Sometimes I just want the whole body of the message AND I
> > don't want to have to go back and re-edit, or explain to other users
> > that *I* have the magical ability to do this and haven't passed it along
> > to them. nya!

It could be the best of bost worlds.  Put (:post:) in the subject line
somewhere and the whole message gets posted.  Put it in the body and
the indicated part gets posted.

For that matter, what about .txt (or other simple kinds of)
attachments?  Any option where these could be inserted?  And if so,
why not use to forward pictures to a wiki, as an attachment with a
command to post the attachment?  Say a picture contest...  submit by
email... Just thinking a bit.

This will really be a neat feature.

Oh, also, though I just use text emails, I'm wondering if there might
not be some way to embed the tags in something like "<!--"  and "-->"
so it would not be displayed in a regular email message (in the case
of bcc's: wiki).  I realize whether this would work would depend on
the email client being used and whether they are html or text--but
maybe it could help...  Or maybe there is some other way to hide stuff
in an email message I don't know about.

Cheers,
Caveman