[pmwiki-users] allowing existing vbulletin users to edit a pmwiki powered wiki

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Thu Oct 5 13:01:16 CDT 2006

On Oct 5, 2006, at 1:26 PM, Rodney Blackwell wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Thanks for the help so far! I think I have the vbulletin
> authentication working (I'm not getting any errors when I load the
> pages, but I can't be sure how to test it).
>
> I can't seem to figure out how to "require" that writers/editors must
> login (and match the mysql authentication).
>
> So I think these might be my final questions :)
>
> 1) How to define the editors group array to set in /local/config.php
> so that only logged in vbulletin  members can edit.
>
> I've read the Passwords and AuthUser documentation at pmwiki:
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/AuthUser
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Passwords
>
> But I can't seem to figure out the right terminology for requiring
> that writers/editors must login and be authenticated by the mysql
> database.
>
> I've added "mysql : required for AuthUserMysql" to my site/authuser
> page, but that doesn't make it so that editors/writers of any page are
> required to login.

for all pages:
add to config.php
$DefaultPasswords['edit'] = 'id:*';

for a read-only group -- readable only if you're logged in:

navigate to the  GroupName.GroupAttributes?action=attr page
ad "id:*" (no quotes) to the read: password field.

Does that make sense?
> 2) How to make it so that only certain logged in members in only a
> specific "usergroups" within vbulletin can edit.  The user table is
> the same (user) and the field I'm trying to pull from is: usergroupid
> (specifically usergroupid: 15)
>
> According to this post, it seems like I should be able to set the
> editors group as the usergroup's id number (15), but I don't see how I
> tell config.php which usergroup is OK and where to find the usergroup
> ids:
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.wiki.pmwiki.user/21703/
> match=vbulletin

PmWiki itself doesn't know anything about vbulletin.  AuthUserDBase,
the plug-in you're using for authentication, does not look up groups
from the databases yet.

I can make this a priority if you have a bounty (money) to put on
it.  Ben can also, but he's finishing a degree.

There may be a way to do it with one of the database query recipes?

mmmmm  Trying to think out the query, but it's just not quite a
"quick and dirty" script to write up.  I can definitely do it, though.

Query database grabbing only usernames that match usergroupid = 15
$result (make sure is array of returned usernames
$AuthUser['@groupname'] = $result;

Relatively easy as a hack, only I have 2 proposals to write and I'm
only answering email while eating.  Harder to add as a feature,
because I would have to allow dynamic fields to match the external
database....

Anybody up to code that?

> Thanks again for any help you can give. I thik I almost have this
> licked. Once I do, I'll be sure to document my process and add it as a
> cookbook recipe for others to use/modify.

Good luck!

Crisses