[pmwiki-users] stable article versions

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Mon Oct 9 03:30:10 CDT 2006

On Oct 9, 2006, at 4:01 AM, Florian Fischer wrote:

> Hello,
>
> i´m using pmwiki for developing some kind of encyclopedia. Since it
> is used for a university we will have to establish some kind of
> quality-management. We are planning to introduce some kind of
> stable article versions. I know this can be easiliy done by setting
> an edit password. It would be great ot offer a user the opportunity
> to propose changes of an edit protected page without affecting the
> article itself. Only if the admin prooves this article the
> originally editprotected article can be changed.
> Does anybody have an idea of how to establish such a system?

Currently, I would suggest having a supplemental page like Group/
PageName-Talk or Group/PageName-Comments.

Patrick (the PmWiki core author) is working on adding core
functionality to have comments that can be appended to a page even
after the base page text is locked down.  But you can do it by having
the Group/PageName-Comments
and putting an include statement in the GroupFooter for the page.

See the Cookbook/CommentBox recipe for more ideas.  There are other
ways to do it coming around the corner, though...

Crisses