[pmwiki-users] ZIP Engine

The Editor editor at fast.st
Tue Oct 10 10:34:52 CDT 2006

On 10/10/06, Neil Herber <nospam at eton.ca> wrote:
> At 2006-10-10  10:49 AM -0400, The Editor is rumored to have said:
> >This is the best one yet, but it's not really all about data any more.
> >  Maybe 25% of the functions are data fields.  I could call it
> >form-a-matic.  But it's a bit awkward in the tongue.
>
> The K-Tel/Popiel product was the Veg-o-matic, so Form-o-matic would
> be a better replica.
>
> You might like "formatic" or "formatica" - they seem to be more
> tongue-friendly to me.
>
> >Perhaps referring to zip forms, rather than a zip engine might clarify
> >any potential confusion with zip files?  Plus I could stick with the
> >code I got...  I'm uploading the docs this morning.
>
> In my feeble mind, the word "zip" connected with anything computer
> related suggests:
> 1) The infamous Zip-drive and it's click-of-death.
> 2) A file compression method.
>
> If you really are stuck on zip, how about zap instead? Makes me think
> of lightning. ;-)
>

> Neil Herber
> Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/

I do like zap.  And form-o-matic is ok.  Not sure about formatica.  Of
course, I just happen to have the domain name zipsite.org, and was
thinking about using it to provide a support site for Caveman's
Magnificent Engine.  Pehaps the domain zapsite is also available...

Ahh, it is.  What do you think about the Zap Forms Processing Engine?
Zap your site with the power of Caveman's Magnificent Engine.  Step
right up...

Cheers,
Caveman