[pmwiki-users] HTML entities

Stirling Westrup sti at pooq.com
Wed Oct 11 18:55:26 CDT 2006

Hannes Korte wrote:

> thanks, I didn't see this page before. But that's not really what I'm
> looking for. Here one has to enter the correct character code, but I
> want the wiki to automatically convert the entered special chars to the
> corresponding HTML entities. So when one enters an "ü" then it should be
> shown in the page as a "ü", for example. Is there really no way to
> do so?

Well, you could use the ROSPatterns feature. It takes a bunch of
patterns and their replacements and applies them when the page is saved.
You would need to create an entry for every single HTML entity that you
wanted to convert though. It would be tedious, but not particularly
difficult. More info is here:

  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/ROSPatterns