[pmwiki-users] Error on Snippets.Lists

The Editor editor at fast.st
Mon Oct 16 13:02:31 CDT 2006

On 10/16/06, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:

> > This is a very important ZAP feature--but I can't seem to get it to
> > work on my server.  Works perfect on my home setup.  Must be a php
> > setting?  No clue the connection with pagelist.php. Also, not sure
> > exactly what htmlspecialchars() is doing.  Any thoughts?
>
> For some reason there appears to be an option value being passed
> to the pagelist functions that contains an array instead of a
> normal string.
>
> I don't think this can happen in PmWiki's normal processing, so
> it may be a recipe that is generating the array as an input
> option to pagelist.  (I could be entirely wrong about this.)
>
> Pm

It is a normal ZAP form that is being processed with one field being
passed as an array value. This is supposed to be allowed in html:

(:input checkbox test[] Alpha:)Alpha\\
(:input checkbox test[] Beta:)Beta\\
(:input checkbox test[] Gamma:)Gamma\\
(:input checkbox test[] Delta:)Delta\\
(:input checkbox test[] Epsilon:)Epsilon

The form is passed to ZAP where the engine is supposed to convert it
to a CSV list, but evidently it doesn't get there.  When I submit the
form, it calls up instead the php error.  Pagelist is not involved.
And I'm not using htmlspecialchars.  Also, it doesn't give me any
problems on my home site, just on my server.  (www.zapsite.org).  See
http://www.fast.st/zap/pmwiki.php?n=Snippets.Lists

Actually, pagelist is called in the sidebar... Hmmm.  When the sidebar
pagelist is disabled, the form seems to submit properly... I'm
guessing the pagelist code has a bug that doesn't know how to strip of
the $_POST from pagename when a form is submitted, or at least $_POST
values that include an array.  Could that be fixed? (Line 442). It
severely limits the ZAP recipe...

It is strange that it works at home and not at my server.  Could it be
a php setting that is glitching here, but not at home? I have spent
quite a bit of time rewriting many of the ZAP functions so they can be
used with arrays generated by pagelists!  I'd hate for them to not be
able to work together.  Thanks.

Cheers,
Caveman