[pmwiki-users] Error on Snippets.Lists

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Oct 16 15:14:01 CDT 2006

On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 04:08:29PM -0400, Henrik wrote:
> Patrick,
>
> Re:
> >I'm wondering if the "request=0" option should be the default
> >for (:pagelist:).  I don't know how many people are relying on
> >the fact that (:pagelist:) accepts values from a form or url.
> >But it seems that people are surprised when it does, so perhaps
> >the default should be that it doesn't and a special request=1
> >option is required to have it fold in the request options.
> >
> See http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/SiteMapsWithOptions
>
> Would the request=0 be a parameter of (:pagelist:)?

Yes.

    (:pagelist ... request=0:)     # ignore form/url params
    (:pagelist ... request=1:)     # merge params from form/url

In the case of SiteMapsWithOptions, one would simply add
a request=1 parameter to the (:pagelist:) directive.

It might also be worthwhile to define a custom (:sitemap:)
directive that passes all of the appropriate options to
(:pagelist:) -- similar to the way (:searchresults:)
works.