[pmwiki-users] TO DO LIST -- Groups

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Mon Oct 16 22:53:43 CDT 2006

I'm using Julian Kamil's TO DO, but face one "issue" that I would like
to solve and this is a call for thoughts on the matter.

Context: software and web development project management, where we
assign a TO DO list to any given individual on the team.

OK... the problem is some projects I have set up as individual groups,
where the amount of information warrants a number of pages that warrant
their own group.

Let say we have groups:

Project A
Project B
Project C

and

Team member 1
Team member 2
Team member 3

Now the problem is that  the TO DO  recipe is "constrained" within the
group where you place the initial mark up. As such you cannot have a TO
DO list where a particular TO DO item is tied to a different group.

I see only one path at the moment but others may have thoughts:

One creates a "group" for each team member

Andre Tasks
Rajan Tasks
Katir Tasks
Sadhu Tasks

Now if each is doing some work on Project A

then the "Edit Notes" link takes you to a page in the group "Andre's Tasks"
and then on that page you create a link to the "home page" of group:
Project A.

The problem with this is that there is no way to consolidate the TO DO
lists of different team members under one list for a complete TO DO LIST
for a
given project (group)

If you create one TO DO list for each project then Team Member 2 has no
consolidated TO DO list for all his work on various projects...

What would be marvelous would be for any given TO DO on the TO DO list
to be linked out to it's "child" notes page, but that "child" notes page
would be part of the group of pages for the project it was related to.

Frankly I'm a bit out of my depth here and any insights on "best
practice" to proceed from those
more experienced in the art of "team management with PMWiki"  will be
most welcome. The TO DO list is very "sweet" in it's simplicity and ease
of admin.

Sivakatirswami
www.himalayanacademy.com

Get Hinduism Today Digital Edition. It's Free!
http://www.hinduismtoday.com/digital/