[pmwiki-users] PmWiki scalebility questions (newbie)

Tom Lederer celok at gmx.net
Thu Oct 19 07:16:00 CDT 2006

Hi all,

i kinda re-open this thread. Having a relatively large wiki (wiki.d:
33 MB in 5000 pages, Version 2.1.11 (Doh!)) running and facing some
performance issues lately, we think we discovered a problem with the
flock file. So i would like to know if we are correct and how to
improve.

 From what we learned the situation seems to be like this:

Every page access process sets a read lock (with flock). Now if a
page should be changed, the writing process needs to wait for all old
reading processes to end, and does not allow any new reading
processes to set a lock.

Is it possible that this results in page request times of several
seconds (1-30)?

Can performance be improved by introducing per-group lock files?

Best Regards,
Tom

--

Tom