[pmwiki-users] Site.EditForm Problem

Christian Bartolomaeus bartolin at gmx.de
Thu Oct 19 10:22:29 CDT 2006

Hi Florian,

trying to catch up with the list, I noticed that your question is
still unanswered. I'm not sure, but maybe I can give a hint ...

* On 2006-10-05 Florian Fischer (Flori-Fischer at gmx.net) wrote:
> [...]
> i just updated to the latest release and almost everything works
> fine. Except for the fact (i´m running the german language package)
> that in Site.EditForm the text Formatting part is left in English.
> Everthing else is in German. How can i change this?

I guess, that is due to the line

  (:include $[{$SiteGroup}/EditQuickReference]:)

in your Site.EditForm. If you change that line to

  (:include $[PmWikiDe/EditQuickReference]:)

you should get the German version of EditQuickReference.

> And there is still another problem.
> Doing a search i get to the page
> http://path/to/index.php/PmWikiDe/Search?pagename=PmWikiDe%2FSearch&q=Hello
>
> Everything is displayed properly, but the SideBar is changed from my
> Site.SideBar to a sidebar including the German version of the
> original SideBar. How can i change this`?

I had that problem as well, recently. The reason is that you get
directed to "PmWikiDe/Search" instead of "PmWiki/Search".

Once the wiki displays "PmWikiDe/Search" it uses "PmWikiDe/SideBar"
instead of "PmWiki/SideBar". That's the default at least for the
default skin "pmwiki": Use {$Group}.SideBar if there is one -- if not
fall back to {$SiteGroup}.SideBar. In your case, I guess, $Group is
"PmWikiDe" and $SiteGroup is "Site".

When I encountered this problem I wondered why I was directed to
"PmWikiDe/Search" in the first place. The skin seemed to direct to
{$SiteGroup}/Search, which is "Site/Search". IIRC the reason for being
directed to "PmWikiDe/Search" was a line in PmWikiDe.XLPage saying:

  'Site/Search' => 'PmWikiDe/Search',

After deleting that line, pressing the "search" button send me to
"Site/Search" -- as I expected it to do.

Hope that helps.

Christian