[pmwiki-users] error in URL resolution

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Oct 19 11:27:07 CDT 2006

On Thu, Oct 19, 2006 at 05:20:26PM +0200, Tom Lederer wrote:
> Sorry... as i just now upgraded to 2.1.26 i notice a lot of things
> that i should have seen earlier...
>
> From the Changelog:
> >Including authuser.php now automatically resolves pagename.
>
> Why was the last things done?
>
> With the $pagename=ResolvePageName($pagename); in the authuser.php
> the following happens:
>
> I have a server with cleanurls and some mods in the apache config.
> Now usually you enter the url: http://www.server.tld/Group/Page
> However it suffices to use server.tld/Group to reach a certain group.
>
> Unless the authuser resolves the pagename.
>
> Then the url gets 		server.tld/?n=Group.Name
> without it it stays clean: 	server.tld/Group/Name
>
> I am startled.

Try setting $EnablePathInfo = 1;  before making the include
of authuser.php .

The change was made because some features of AuthUser require
knowing the actual current pagename; if it's unresolved,
then AuthUser can't always locate the correct pages for
performing authentication.

I think it might be a good idea for us to come up with
a page that describes the optimal locations for various
configuration settings in config.php (e.g., at the top,
at the bottom, before loading XYZ module, etc.).  For example,
we could indicate things such as "$EnablePathInfo should
be set prior to calling authuser.php" and "authuser.php
should be loaded before xyz module", etc.